Followers

Friday, January 29, 2010

"in the end, our only business is to love God and to delight ourselves in him"


"yet troubles always spring from useless thoughts, the kind of thoughts that ruin everything. the trick is to banish them from our thinking as soon as we realize we don't need them for what we are doing at the time or for our christian walk. then we can turn back to our conversation with God.~brother Lawrence... practicing Gods presence

i love to go back and reread my favorite books. i have not looked at this book in many, many years, however, the things that i highlighted back then still line up with my heart today. it seems to me that the thing that keeps me from God the most is my thought life. that is where my doubts, fears, lies, and sins are hidden. i love how he writes "to banish them from our thinking as soon as we realize..." it is all about leaving behind everything that doesn't lead to God.

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of it that way. I am going to try and "banish" those hindering thoughts from my mind. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete